Thursday, March 27, 2008

SATIRE ALERT

Hillary; Courage Under Sniper Fire

"I remember landing under sniper fire," Mrs. Clinton reminisced about a 1996 trip to war-torn Bosnia. "There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

What bravery! I haven't been so awestruck by the courage of a Democrat leader since John Kerry spent Christmas in Cambodia.

But less than a New York Minute after Hillary astounded us with her tale of heroism, the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy was already calling her a liar. The Conservative Broadcasting Service (CBS) even aired archival footage of a giddy First Lady springing off her plane in Bosnia to a friendly greeting ceremony and mingling with the crowd.

Sure, Hillary's story may seem like a lie when you contrast it with the truth, but only a partisan hack would go to such trouble. Besides, who among us can honestly say they've never accidentally provided incorrect information in a job interview? We've all done it at one time or another. I erroneously claimed I was that guy in front of the tanks at Tiananmen Square when I was up for my teaching job at Evergreen State College.

Tiananmensquaretanks

Okay, my mistake. Turns out I've never even been to China. Time goes by, memories fade. I'm only human.

Hillary, on the other hand, has at least been to Bosnia. Maybe she got a few of the other details wrong. It was 12 years ago, folks! I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone whether or not I was fired upon by enemy snipers in a foreign land 12 years ago! Can YOU?

We can continue to engage in the Politics of Personal Destruction and tear Hillary apart for having a less than perfect memory, but I swear unto you that America would be losing a great Commander-in-Chief, and a damn fine Marine.