Monday, November 29, 2010

Reality Bites IV

Country after country in Europe have had to be bailed out by the International Monetary Fund with help from more solvent nations. And in country after country we're seeing people in the streets demonstrating. Why are these countries facing these problems? Because they've gone into deep debt doing for people what the people should have been doing for themselves .. and because politicians everywhere realize the value of having huge workforces dependent on them for their livelihoods. Thus the demonstrations? "What do you mean I'm going to have to start fending for myself again? Are you kidding me? Hey .. I know my government job may not be all that essential, and I know that I'm getting paid more than I'm really worth to the taxpayers of this country ... but you're going to throw me under the bus now? You're going to cut my pay and my outrageous benefits now?