Thursday, May 10, 2007

Loretta's Guy - (Can you say "empty suit?)

Barack Obama Sticks To The Facts At The Local Starbucks

Starbucks_dude
Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you?

Barack_obamas_insane
Finally! I'm finally here - I made it!

Starbucks_dude
Uh, why are you talking into a microphone?

Barack_obamas_insane
You know, I've been waiting a long, long time to get to this counter, people. But I'm not discouraged!

Starbucks_dude
Who are you talking to?

Barack_obamas_insane
I don't know how many of you know this, but I've been in this line for thirty-six hours now. Thirty-six hours!

Starbucks_dude
No you haven't! I saw you walk in five minutes ago.

Barack_obamas_insane
Some people want to get bogged down in meaningless details. They want to count how many minutes someone's been in a line - as if that means anything!

Starbucks_dude
Hey, you brought it up, I was just...

Barack_obamas_insane
But we're not going to let them define the debate.

Starbucks_dude
What debate?

Barack_obamas_insane
No, we're not, because when you take $474.00 out of your hard-earned pay for a Caramel Macchiato, you have a right to expect...

Starbucks_dude
That's not what we charge for a Caramel...

Barack_obamas_insane
You have a right to expect that you won't get a cup of flavored coffee so hot that it literally burns a path staright to the core of the Earth.

Starbucks_dude
Oh, now you're being ridiculous!

Barack_obamas_insane
All right, maybe I got that wrong. You know, there are going to be times when I get tired. There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes.

Starbucks_dude
All right, I guess that's understandable.

Barack_obamas_insane
Especially at times like this, when I've been up for fifty-three days straight.

Starbucks_dude
That's it! Either order or get out of line.

Barack_obamas_insane
OK, give me a grande Caramel Macchiato, and make sure it's not so hot that it burns through the blacktop, like last time.

Starbucks_dude
You know that never happened.

Barack_obamas_insane
Maybe it did, maybe it didn't - I can't tell you what happened after it burned through the floorboard of my car.

Starbucks_dude
Never happened.

Barack_obamas_insane
...

Starbucks_dude
...

Barack_obamas_insane
OK, I was holding it between my legs and kinda burned my nuts.

Starbucks_dude
I'll give you an extra cup. That'll be $4.95, please.

Barack_obamas_insane
Well, here's a one-hundred dollar bill, and I want you to keep the change, because...

Starbucks_dude
This is a five.

Barack_obamas_insane
Good night, everyone!

Starbucks_dude
...

Starbucks_dude
That guy's one of the most annoying people in the world. No exaggeration.